Sunday, August 4, 2013

Good Old Summer Camp

This year, I got the amazing opportunity to be a camp counselor at our church's 8 week long summer day camp. I had the 6-9 year old girls for the summer, and had a blast!!! They were all great to work with, and taught me many things as well. This year, we had a group of about 18 kids come from Korea and go to camp here. They learned how to speak English more fluently, as well as lessons about Jesus. Every day we would have team competitions, and many times there were individual competitions.They were able to play all sorts of sports, go swimming every day, and take several fun field trips, including an all day trip to Six Flags. On the last day of camp I took pictures of some of my girls:
                I was able to do devotions with the girls in the mornings. My group met in the lower library, and I took a picture of the group



Silly Sendy. These girls have such personalities!

Erica and I
Some more of the girls from Korea


Miranda also got to help in camp for a few weeks with the little ones, ages 3-5. She took some pictures of her kids too.





Pray all of you are having a great summer!!! Now we are looking ahead to this last year of college...YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment